Foundations of OCSB Couple Therapy: Therapist Skills for Guiding Couples from Avoidance to Sexual Health
March 21-22, 2020
Held at Petrichor Counseling, LLC
3160 Main Street, Suite 102, Duluth, GA 30096
Taught by Doug Braun-Harvey, MFT, CGP and Kristin Hodson, LCSW, CST
Please fill out form below to complete registration. In the message section please state each ticket you have purchased. If you are buying tickets for more than just yourself, please include the names and which type of ticket is being purchased for them in the section labeled “message”. Thank you.
Abstract: As individual and group therapists learn and implement the sexual health OCSB treatment model for men, there remains a gap in adapting fundamental principles of OCSB work within couple’s therapy. Doug Braun-Harvey and Kristin Hodson present an OCSB couples therapy model that integrates essential components of sexual health within the wide range of established couples therapy clinical models and certification. Methods for integrating sexual health principles to guide couples in developing their relationship sexual health vision. Inherent in this goal will be to identify previous or current avoidant strategies the couple has individually and collaboratively developed within the context of unknown and unaddressed OCSB. Engaging dialogue among attendees will creatively and collaboratively apply workshop content within participants current methods for working with couples.
1.Describe the OCSB sexual health model for treating consensual, out of control sexual behavior.
2.Identify the six fundamentals of sexual health as the framework to guide vision of sexual health in treating couples with OCSB.
3.Identify common therapist and couple relationship patterns that avoid sexual health conversation.
4.Identify skills that increase confidence and willingness to engage in sexual health discussions with couples
5.Identify common avoidant strategies couples develop in response to OCSB
6.Apply OCSB sexual health treatment model to a range of couple therapy methods and approaches
Who is this training for?
- This is for experienced trained couples therapists to integrate sexual health approaches for OCSB within current methods for treatment.
- Couples therapist who are ambivalent, curious, disappointed, motivated and excited to expland their perspectives to innovative sexual health based couples therapy.
- Therapist looking to build on their current approaches to couples in crisis following a disclosure of a partner violating a sexual relationship agreement.
- Therapists looking for methods to work with couples who have already concluded the sexual behavior of a partner is an addiction that needs only addiction treatment.
- Readers of “Treating Out of Control Sexual Behavior: Rethinking Sex Addiction” looking to apply OCSB principles and practices outlined in the book to a couples therapy context.
Day One: Workshop (8:00 AM- 4:30 PM)
Registration/Coffee/Pastries/Fruit 8:00 am
Session 1: 8:45 – 10:15 OCSB Principles and Practice (90 min.)
Break: 15 minutes
Session 2: 10:30 – 12:00 Assessing the Couples Avoidance Treatment Plan Techniques (90 min.)
Lunch 12:00 – 1:00
Session 3: 1:00 – 2:30 Foundational Therapist Skills for Couples OCSB (90 min)
Break 15 minutes
Session 4: 2:45 – 4:15 Tools for Guiding Couples to Build their Shared Vision of Sexual Health (90 min)
Evaluations 4:15 – 4:30
Day Two: Supervision (9:00 AM- 1:00PM)
The second day is a group supervision with Doug and Kristen. Bring your cases, ask questions, get unique feedback from the developer of the technique himself!